Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Build a new rifle? Buy a new hand gun? Post pics of your pride and joy firearms here.
By GreggAndrews
The nice part about .22's though, is you get to learn from the same platform you want to actually use. While I'd agree that .22's get a little boring after a while... I can burn through a brick in an afternoon and feel absolutely nothing. I had to move to stronger stuff.

.22's are the gateway caliber. But good for recreational use as well. :wink:
By YeaItsSlo
I'd honestly be totally content with a 22lr zombie / end of the world weapon.. All the ammo you could carry.
By JohnFH
I guess it's all in how you define fun.

I have a bunch of .22's, have fun when ever I take them out.

What ever does it for you, leaves more ammo for me :D :D
By nvisn
AgentP wrote:not trying to one up you. just know that feeling of building a badass 22. The best is shooting all day for less $25!
Oh no offense taken! Your build sounds insane man! Still have it? I would love to see a photo or 2.
By nvisn
newguy wrote:Please don't take offense anyone but i can't see reason myself in owning a 22lr i understand the cost savings in ammo and accuracy. But honestly to me there no fun to shoot unless your 12 years old and it your first gun. It like eating a plate of hot wings that aren't hot.
It is all in the gun. .22AR's are more fun than a barrel of monkeys! Trust me. I have had my share of monkey barrels...
By GreggAndrews
I'd honestly be totally content with a 22lr zombie / end of the world weapon.. All the ammo you could carry.
I have a LOT of respect for the .22. It can do things a lot of people would think impossible for it.

In a perfect 1950's zombie-horror film, when headshots and only headshots count, I'll roll with a .22.

In "I Am Legend", zombies are super-duper-ultra strong, F'en fast, Virtually indestructable and as well as intelligent I'm going to want a shotgun. Nothing says "DIE ZOMBIE!!!" like slamfiring 5+ shells into a zombie from close range. :)
By nvisn
$712 into this bitch and on Monday it all comes together!

Lower is 100% done...
By GreggAndrews
Damn dude, that .22 better rub your back & make coffee too. :lol:
By AgentP
Sooo. Monday night pics? Right?
By nvisn

Here is the fully assembled lower and most of the upper parts. I am still waiting on the gas block, handguards and handguard cap. I forgot to put the delta ring in the photo.

I modified the CMMG conversion to work with the dedicated barrel by swapping out the 5.56 chamber adapter with the dedicated .22 barrel chamber.

Here I have "assembled" the major parts.
By nvisn
Bump - New photos is original post!
By PaiN
nvisn wrote:Bump - New photos is original post!
Too bad you can't show how sweet the trigger is on this build :)
By myglimk2
Where are the most "recent" pics of it! You know, all me and John's hard work! I shed some blood on YOUR build! :lol:
By nvisn
Indeed. None of this would be possible without the help of John and Jeff. Much thanks.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!