Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Build a new rifle? Buy a new hand gun? Post pics of your pride and joy firearms here.
By viola
Been on the forums for a while and never got around to showing my collection.

My EDC
Glock 19 X300. Gen 3 RTF2. Love this gun to death. Im hoping to pick up a 17 in a few months to start shooting some IDPA this spring/summer

S&W 442 Just picked this up a few days ago. I was looking for a smaller pocket carry/BUG. Ive also wanted a revolver for quite sometime so i went with this. Im digging it hardcore so far.
By PaiN
Show off .. :P
:lol:

You have two of the most effective and useful handguns out there... nice going.
By JohnFH
You can shoot IDPA with your G19 just fine
By GreggAndrews
Pain, while I would normally agree with you, resident experts would say that J-frame S&W's aren't even worth becoming proficient with. The .38 Special is WAY underpowered for anything larger than barn rats. Not to mention the ultra-low capacity and supposed hellish-ergonomics...

But the G19 is just fine. Get four or five 33rnd. sticks, and you might be safe on the streets. :wink:
By Mopar
Did I just hear Gregg offer to take 5 shots of .38 +p JHP to CoM from 15ft away to demonstrate to us all just how ineffective a J-frame is? :lol:
By Mopar

.38 Special Cor-Bon 110gr +P DPX all copper hollowpoint fired from a derringer with 1.4" barrel length.

Single shot fired from 10' distance into gelatin block faced with 4 layers of 14.1 ounce denim fabric (to simulate heavy winter clothing). Bullet impacted at 934 ft/sec, penetrated to 11.4" and was recovered at 0.505" average diameter and 110.8gr weight.

IDK, maybe it's just me, but that looks pretty damn effective.

Considering the average number of shots fired in a self defense situation that actually entails shots being fired (most times there is no shot fired) is under 3 shots, 5 is probably enough. If it isnt, I know people who could put 20rnds on target with a j-frame faster then you could with a 33rnd Glock, and it would carry a whole like better then that long stick jutting out your side. That assumes you could even GET 20 shots off one of those crap 33rnd mags. I've yet to see one that was any more reliable then a crackhead with a job.
Last edited by Mopar on Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
By PaiN
Let me say right off the bat before any stupid "caliber war" gets started that my use of the term "effective" had nothing to do with either of viola's guns "killing power"......My meaning was "effective in their intended use".

I'm no fan of J-Frames either, but it is hard to argue with their effectiveness as a pocket carry gun. As for the G19....Hey, if only allowed one pistol....the G19 would have to be it...
By newguy
If it can kil. It is effective. Shoot i have one of them stupid Gamo air rifles and i can pick off them pain in the butt raccoons with it that are trying to knock over my garbage cans with no problem. I have the air rifle and a shovel always ready in the garage lol
By GreggAndrews
Did I just hear Gregg offer to take 5 shots of .38 +p JHP to CoM from 15ft away to demonstrate to us all just how ineffective a J-frame is?

You're on brother. NOTHING CAN STOP ME!!!

(Thought a little sarcasm would be fun to introduce here. LOL) :lol:
By hayes1966
Mopar wrote:Did I just hear Gregg offer to take 5 shots of .38 +p JHP to CoM from 15ft away to demonstrate to us all just how ineffective a J-frame is? :lol:
Might he be confusing J-Frame with G-String?
By Mopar
hayes1966 wrote: Might he be confusing J-Frame with G-String?
Bleach! Bleach! Where's the eye bleach!
By jamesb
GreggAndrews wrote:Pain, while I would normally agree with you, resident experts would say that J-frame S&W's aren't even worth becoming proficient with. The .38 Special is WAY underpowered for anything larger than barn rats. Not to mention the ultra-low capacity and supposed hellish-ergonomics...

But the G19 is just fine. Get four or five 33rnd. sticks, and you might be safe on the streets. :wink:
......Dude......really? :roll:

Do you even have a pistol?
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!