Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Build a new rifle? Buy a new hand gun? Post pics of your pride and joy firearms here.
By jamesb
Posted this over on the other board and wanted to see what other people are running in competitions and how they are built. Feel free to share just photos or include some info on the builds as well. It might help others who are trying to figure out what to build.

I am basically using mine for local plate shooting and bowling pin matches. I hope to give IDPA and the other events a try next year. For now, i'm just practicing on becoming more proficient.

Glock 34 w/ Zev Tech Competition spring kit and grip work by myself.

Glock 17 w/ Zev Tech trigger, tungsten guide rod/spring, titanium plunger safety, competition spring kit, magwell w/ brass insert, STS red dot, custom milling to slide, grip tape

CZ SP-01 Shadow Target Custom Shop - out of Angus Hobdell's CZ Custom Shop. Night and day difference between a stock SP-01 Shadow.

Last edited by jamesb on Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
By CTSixshot
Not that I've been able to get to many shooting events of late, but I use my less-than-glamorous, out-of-the-box Ruger P97 and GP-100 and Hakim.
Heck, if I want to shoot my $149 K31, I use that!
The main thing is just to get out onto the firing line. In the race for for the fanciest gear and style points, I'll be right near the bottom. Darn!

With winter coming, you're limited to fewer shoots as it is, so make any event you can until next season. (BSR, Branford GC, NHSC-FNP, Silver City .22, Metacon indoors...)

Oh...Chris' in Guilford still has the Thursday evening shoots, too, I believe.
By jamesb
The three we do are Bridgeport Shooting Range Plate Tuesday night plate shoots, NHSC Friday night plate shoots, and Branford Wednesday and Sunday plate/bowling pin shoots.
By CTSixshot
Good for you. You've got most of the local ones covered, I guess.
Happy shooting!
Next year you might want to hit Mattabasset in Berlin. They do a rifle pin shoot that's a bit different. Unlike most pistol pin shoots that require knocking the pins off a 4'-deep table, the pins are on a small pedestal and you can fell it by just winging it. It's still a hoot with your battle rifle, black gun or mil-surp relic.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!