Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Build a new rifle? Buy a new hand gun? Post pics of your pride and joy firearms here.
By PaiN
On another forum someone asked for a G26 and SR9c comparison....since I happen to have them on hand, I was more than happy to whip out the camera and opinions :?
I put together a direct comparison of these two great 9mm's. It is a thin slice between them, both carry well, with the edge going to the Glock, its smoother, smaller and lighter. Ruger wins in the ergonomics dept.(does Glock ever win in ergos?? ) its grip far more comfortable. The Ruger has a more crisp trigger but it can be touchy the Glock's is always consistent. I feel the Glock balances and points better, likely because of the 26's squat even contour, where as the SR9c's thin grip and fat slide weight the pistol differently. Both shoot well and do the job, I have not shot this 26 yet, but have shot other G26s, shoot-ability and accuracy is too close to call between them.

**weights are loaded with 10 rounds of 115g Critical Defense ammo
Image :?
By myglimk2
Loved my G26!
By LTB45
myglimk2 wrote:Loved my G26!
But your a CZ guy now 8O
By myglimk2
SShhhhhh!! :lol:
By PaiN
It might be up for sale shorty....... :wink:
I've wanted a G26 for a long time, but I always thought they were too big to carry. Then I started carrying the SR9c and it was pretty damn comfortable....What do you know a G26 pops up(a sign?) I figured now is the time to give one a try out as an EDC.
I'm 90% sure I'm not keeping both, although they are both awesome pistols...I'll keep the one I like best for its roll...
By LTB45
OH JAMES!!! :wave:
I believe that there may be another Glock or Ruger in your future!!
By sludwinjr
you can always shave down the glock 26's finger grooves and restipple.
did it to my glock 26 and love the grip......takes about an hour from start to finish and really easy.....

By myglimk2
What mag release and slide lock you got on there?
By sludwinjr
mag release is from t.h.e. accessories.....glockmeister sells it as their own as well. cant remember slide lever
By PaiN
sludwinjr wrote:you can always shave down the glock 26's finger grooves and restipple.
did it to my glock 26 and love the grip......takes about an hour from start to finish and really easy....
I don't have any problem with Glock grips, in fact, I'd be afraid to mess with their shape because I've always shot them well as is....But I might consider stippling the panels just for extra purchase, especially trying to get a bite in that short grip from an ItW holster.
Last edited by PaiN on Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By myglimk2
Grip tape works excellent too. Put it on the Kimber and feels good.
By PaiN
myglimk2 wrote:Grip tape works excellent too. Put it on the Kimber and feels good.
I use the Traction Grips, but stippling seems like a fun project... and think of how wasted I'll be after an hour of inhaling little puffs of Glock frame smoke :roll:

http://www.tractiongrips.com/
By myglimk2
PaiN wrote:
myglimk2 wrote:Grip tape works excellent too. Put it on the Kimber and feels good.
I use the Traction Grips, but stippling seems like a fun project... and think of how wasted I'll be after an hour of inhaling little puffs of Glock frame smoke :roll:

http://www.tractiongrips.com/
Maybe thats what I keep meaning to say. It actually feels like sandpaper'ish with an adhesive back that I bought as a sheet and have just been cutting it down using it on different things.

That could definitely a fun project. :D
By PaiN
So....After running the pistols side by side and carrying them in similar holsters...
The choice was cut and dry.... I'm keeping the Ruger SR9c.
I honestly surprised myself, I really thought I'd keep the Glock but once the shooting started I liked the SRc better.
In the DH holster below, the bigger SRc is somehow more comfortable....
Both are great guns but I really have to give the edge too the Ruger in my hands....
By hayes1966
So when will the G26 be up for sale?
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!