Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Build a new rifle? Buy a new hand gun? Post pics of your pride and joy firearms here.
By PaiN
I was at a NGX looking around this morning but didn't see anything that did it for me.....I was in Southington tonight and had a free hour to kill. I popped into Jo-Jo's and as the words "I'm looking for a .308 bolt" were coming out of my mouth I looked up and saw this Ruger Gunsite Scout on the wall....Turns out it was traded in just a few hours before and was unfired. They offered it too me a great price, I bit on the spot...It was more than I wanted to spend but exactly what I wanted. I'll have to wait awhile to get some decent glass on it but its has nice irons until then.

The good stuff :D
Last edited by PaiN on Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
By newguy
Very nice I like that and hell with the optics I really like shooting iron sights myself i just find skill level with iron sights makes you a better shooter
By PaiN
newguy wrote:Very nice I like that and hell with the optics I really like shooting iron sights myself i just find skill level with iron sights makes you a better shooter
I like shooting with irons also, especially at the typical <100y ranges we have around here, but this rifle's "purpose" if ever needed would be for longer reach.
Last edited by PaiN on Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By myglimk2
Very nice PaiN! 8)
By Drew
Fantastic Pain. Your the first person I know with one of these beauties.

Those guys at JoJo's are nothing but trouble LOL When I was there Friday aside from the Micro7 they put a Colt Rail gun in my hands.

Ruger recently added gfn mags to their online store

http://shopruger.com/Scout-308-Mag-M77- ... nfo/90355/ (Back Ordered)
By hooligan
Nice find, what you need is a EER scope for that puppy. Ruger is offering poly magazines for this model, in 3, 5 & 10 rounds, They look bulletproof and are about half the price of the metal ones. From what I am finding the Metal ones are hard to find and the polys are available in stock. Nice find good luck with it and If it were mine I'd put a 4-6 EER Leupold on it, but heyu it is yours keep us up to speed ad to what you do with it. I want to see the clover leaf target too.
enjoy
By a_sannine
Beauty enjoy it
By PaiN
Can't sleep for some damn reason tonight...might as well get up and talk about guns.....
In time I plan to add a scope like this Konus to the forward mount.
http://www.opticsplanet.net/konus-konus ... -7284.html

Thx for the link to the mags..good find. The 10 rounders are out of stock but I might grab a 5 for the range.
By hooligan
There is a guy on gun broker 10 rounder in stock for $38 (not me I have no interest) do a search for ruger .308 magazines you should find several folks with them in stock. I am going to order some today for my bros BD don't tell him...
By PaiN
I know its boring, but I spent my limit on the rifle + some ammo. I've got to recover that before I go buying even mags, but a decent EER scope and mags are in the plans.
By PaiN
CTSixshot wrote:Pain, I've got a Leupold 2x EER, I believe it's the one in the article below (It's on my Swede, but you are welcome to try it on your GSR).
http://www.handgunhunt.com/reviews/r11/index.html
http://www.chuckhawks.com/leupold_2x20_EER_scope.htm
If we EVER get a chance to shoot together again, I might take you up on that offer, thank you.
By CTSixshot
Sure.
I don't recall what brand of rings it has, but I'm guessing it's the standard Weaver fare. You can probably mount it with what you have already.
There are about two milk crates-worth of .308 fodder in my stash, too. Not that I'm going to let you blow it all off in one session, of course!
You should, however, bring some of your fired brass and we can tune some reloads tailor-made for you GSR.
By PaiN
Soooo.....The GSR is an awesome shooter and a hell of a thunder stick. I'm very happy with it. Spent some time getting the irons working in today, they work just like irons.
After lots of back and forth, I finally decided on a "scout scope" forward mount..... I also found a setup that's affordable enough to try now.
I found the Leatherwood / Hi-Lux Optics LER 2-7x32mm for $109, along with a set of Leapers low 1" Max Strength LE Grade quick detach rings for $15, If I hate it I'm not out that much.....

Leatherwood / Hi-Lux Optics LER
Leapers low 1" Max Strength LE Grade quick detach rings
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!