Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Build a new rifle? Buy a new hand gun? Post pics of your pride and joy firearms here.
By jamesb
So I picked up a Ruger 10/22 RBI yesterday. Shot today and really like it. Can't leave well enough alone and just placed an order.

Here it is with the Redfield scope mounted.

Here is the new stock:

with this barrel:

and then the Centerpoint 4-16x40mm

Can't wait to build it :)
By PaiN
8O I know its going to shoot and feel better(off the bench) with your upgrades....But for some reason I really like the looks of those mannlicher euro hunting stocks.
By Mopar
Looks like it will turn out nice.

The 10/22 is the poor man's AR15. You can easily do damn near anything yourself, and every part imaginable is out there to do it. You can literally build a 10/22 from the ground up without using a single part from Ruger.

We have a few in the safe already. The last one I bought with the intention of building it one way, but somehow it veered off in the totally opposite direction. :lol:

So now I'm gonna continue in that direction with this one, and I'm on the lookout to buy another one for my original plans.
By SR9
Looks like it will be very nice when you are done. The 10/22 has to be the most easily customizable 22 rifle around with a myriad of aftermarket parts available.
By GreggAndrews
James,

That is a BEAUTIFUL stock. Never saw one on a 10/22 before!!! :lol:
By Malaga2
I would put a Leupold 4x scope on this and leave as is...those manlicher stocks are beautiful !!!
By hayes1966
If you want to part with the original stock please shoot me an IM.
By jamesb
I was able to take it to Bridgeport yesterday for a bit. Put around 200 rounds through it. Sighted it in at 50' shooting CCI Mini-Mag 36gr LR HPs. When people wern't making the bench shake I was able to do 10 rounds covering a nickel or quarter.

Granted 50' isn't that far. I'm hoping to get to High Rock this Saturday to sight it in at 50 yards with the same ammo. I will say that it is fun to shoot. I hope my groups stay the same. ;D
By jamesb
Like I said. Who doesn't like photos!

Everything is stock except for the barrel and stock. I plan to add an extended mag release and pick up some more magazines. The wood looks even better in person. It is a very nice and compact package. I'm planning on building another, but for short range so more along the lines of stock with a red dot maybe.

I'll get some better ones, but these were taken very quickly on my bed.

By resinator
:D The Ruger 10/22 is the most customized gun ever built. I have built about 7 or 8 of them to shoot plates at our club. All the receiver and bolt work was done by Randy at CPC in Middletown and all have custom stocks with either carbin fiber, Tactical Solutions alluminum or Green Mountain barrels. The 1st one is a S&W 22 with a few "toys".. ........... :lol:

8)
By resinator
8) Come to Silver City Gun Club plate shoot on a "rifle" night and you will see all kinds of tricked out Ruger 10/22's.........
..................................................... :roll:
By resinator
:D This Friday, Dec 9th, is a RIFLE plate match at Silver City Gun Club. Bring that Ruger and have some fun....
By resinator
Did you finish your Ruger build?

Bring it up to Silver City Gun Club for the Friday night plate shoots...

:roll:
By jamesb
It's gone. Sold it to a buddy of mine. Still have the stock, but might go with an M&P 15-22 instead.
By resinator
:D Have a S&W MP15-22 for sale with a few options on it. Aimpoint clone red dot scope, Bushmaster ErgoGrip pistol grip, Ruger short muzzle brake that looks like a flash hider that was milled to fit the barrel and 2 or 4 magazines. If interested I will get some pictures, or you can come up to Silver City for the practice plate match this Friday and shoot it. $450 with 2 mags. These pictures do not have the Eurgo pistol grip or muzzle brake on yet..

:roll:
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!