Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Build a new rifle? Buy a new hand gun? Post pics of your pride and joy firearms here.
By Stieg
I don't have concerns over this because according to the DPS "...an "AK-47 type" is any firearm that uses the same ammunition, the same interchangeable parts, and the same operating system as an AK-47..."
What does harry and his gun store not understand? According to harry he got back an "email" and even in the email it states ".... "CT Gen Statute 53-202n is a three prong test, physical appearance, functionality and interchangeable parts...." Seeing that the interchangeable parts would lead it straight to the appearance part of this section. Tell me, how does a "DPS agent" continue to then say the Saiga 7.62x39 is legal to own? Did he get an intern or the secretary to answer him? I already have my opinions on who harry is. Over at Yahoo Answers (and who knows where else) a "harryS" has been on this subject for about a year now. Coincidence? Heck, if it's now legal to own a Saiga 7.62x39 in CT, then great. If he is telling us about it here, goes out and actually buys one from some mystery gun store, then great. If he goes to jail for buying an AK action 7.62x39 Saiga and maybe the gun store owner too, then ooops we tried to tell him....have fun in there, harry. If not, then I was wrong in understanding the state's statute....same with a ton of others in this state. No harm done and no one goes to jail, but if I understand this staute correctly, then it's bye bye harry. I feel I understand this correctly.
By nvisn
Appearance is open to wide interpretation.
By GreggAndrews
OH CRAP.

I think I helped blitzkrieg Harry with a few other guys.

In case anyone hasn't noticed, Y!A is the stomping grounds for every troll worth his weight in ramen noodles.

I'm not convinced that "appearance" can be an acceptable "feature". There is just WAY too much left open to interpretation if that were allowable.
By Stieg
Exactly why the state worded it that way. Leaves it up to them to label firearms as they see fit when they want.
By hayes1966
The VZ58 and SKS are AK looking firearms but these are legal under CT law. Now according the DPS so too is the Saiga.

Doesn't matter what you think !! The man with the fancy hat in Middletown makes the decision.

I would print out several copies of that email from the DPS, laminate them and keep them in my range bag.

Please create a new topic in a relevant forum if you want to continue this.
By GreggAndrews
Before we close this thread, one thing I'd like to add, is that it's the functionality aspect which is the real seller here.

If it can take AK parts, if it fires 7.62x39, it's an "AK". That is my interpretation of it, however.
By Stieg
The SKS and the VZ have different actions than the AK. Which is one point that makes them legal to own in CT and different in the AK looking department. You are right is all up to the state to decide, but we all know how the state thinks.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!