Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Build a new rifle? Buy a new hand gun? Post pics of your pride and joy firearms here.
By nvisn
If I did I would pin a break on.
By myglimk2
JohnB wrote:thoughts...sweet but dont thread that barrel as per our AWB !!
Threads+brake+pinned= Legal 8)

Lookin sweet J! We gonna be some AK shootin fools soon! :lol:
By Mopar
nvisn wrote: SO I got the Tapco quad rail handguard and it looked like total ass. I had to hack the sh!t out of it. I hope Midway will credit me on it. I actually think I like the wood with the plastic stock... Thoughts?
If you "hacked the sh!t out of it" they aren't gonna be able to resell it. I think it would look even better with that nice wood stock on it.
By PaiN
myglimk2 wrote:Lookin sweet J! We gonna be some AK shootin fools soon! :lol:
Sorry I won't be joining the AK shooting fools any time soon, but this one is looking good J.
By nvisn
Mopar wrote:
nvisn wrote: SO I got the Tapco quad rail handguard and it looked like total ass. I had to hack the sh!t out of it. I hope Midway will credit me on it. I actually think I like the wood with the plastic stock... Thoughts?
If you "hacked the sh!t out of it" they aren't gonna be able to resell it. I think it would look even better with that nice wood stock on it.
They can't resell it but they can RTV it. I don't expect them to, but if they can help me out they have a customer for life.
By LTB45
Nice gun James but honestly your AR build blew away this gun...IMHO!
and that is from an AK shootin fool.
By nvisn
Today: I upgraded the FCG (Trigger/Disconnector/Hammer) to the 922r compliant Tapco G2 setup. Upgrading the AK trigger is a tad harder than doing an AR tirgger

The stock trigger broke fairly clean for an AK but had a mile of take up. The G2 breaks around 4.5 and takes up quick and resets nicely.

Due to popular demand I put the wood stock back on. I am going to return the poly stock and hand guard and likely buy a Timbersmith Tapco set in the black laminate.

Done. For now...
By LTB45
I suggest that before you buy any other things for this toy, do yourself a favor and shoot enough to become a good shot with it......you know shoot it for 6 months or even longer.

NEVER GONNA HAPPEN!! :lol:
By Mopar
Lenny's a funny guy! It does look much nicer IMNHO with the wood.
By nvisn
I present to you the Tapco Timbersmith Premium Black Laminate Furniture set - minus the wood pistol grip...

By nvisn
I have the side scope mount, red dot/laser and all black sling inbound!
By LTB45
nvisn wrote:I have the side scope mount, red dot/laser and all black sling inbound!
Side scope mount? I could have hooked you up probably. I got one that came off my AK-47.
By LTB45
Forgot to mention...Looks real nice!!

And in 20 days you can post it for sale 8O
By myglimk2
LTB45 wrote:Forgot to mention...Looks real nice!!

And in 20 days you can post it for sale 8O
Already sold mine! :lol: :lol:

But yes, it does look real nice J!
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!