Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Build a new rifle? Buy a new hand gun? Post pics of your pride and joy firearms here.
By PaiN
My buddy just dropped off my old ATI/HiPoint 995 for testing next week. I had nothing to do at the moment so here's a few side by side pics.
The real deal and the faker :lol:

By newguy
Can tell the highpoint for sure by the huge chamber. Not knocking them there cheap ugly rifles that you can beat the hell out of but dam extended mags don't work had a lot of issues with 15 round ones
By GreggAndrews
newguy, believe it or not, the Promag 15 rounder I used to have (actually, I USED to have the Hi-Point!) worked pretty well. I used that magazine at a few of the shoots at Harwinton, Rockville & NW Rod & Gun. Maybe I got lucky

The ATI stock for the Hi-Point really is a neat looking stock. But is a compensator REALLY necessary on a tiny little Hi-Point? :lol: :wink:
By PaiN
GreggAndrews wrote:But is a compensator REALLY necessary on a tiny little Hi-Point? :lol: :wink:
When is COOL 8) ever REALLY necessary...? hehehe
By GreggAndrews
Cool ( 8) )is awesome, but TACTICOOL kills it for me. :lol:
By PaiN
GreggAndrews wrote:Cool ( 8) )is awesome, but TACTICOOL kills it for me. :lol:
You've have forced me to define COOL....so this is your fault

By GreggAndrews
Aggh. Alright alright I took my beating, ENOUGH!!!

:)
By CTSixshot
One fella at the Cast & Blast had a .45 ACP Hi-Point and it digested all four profiles of cast bullets without a hiccup; even the stubby little H&G 130.
By GreggAndrews
I'll say one thing about Hi-Points. While they're ugly as sin, they ARE reliable. The one I had never once gave me a problem.

... But I really wanted a Flintlock... BAD. :lol:
By PaiN
From what I remember this Hi Point was okay but not rock solid as far as reliability goes. It used to jam up quite a bit.
By hayes1966
PaiN wrote:From what I remember this Hi Point was okay but not rock solid as far as reliability goes. It used to jam up quite a bit.
Were you limp wristing it?
By newguy
Only jams I had were with 15 round mags. Honestly
By PaiN
hayes1966 wrote:
PaiN wrote:From what I remember this Hi Point was okay but not rock solid as far as reliability goes. It used to jam up quite a bit.
Were you limp wristing it?
Na....the mags were crap.
By GreggAndrews
Hell, the 15 rounder I had actually worked fine.

I must've had the Golden Hi-Point. :lol:
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!