Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Build a new rifle? Buy a new hand gun? Post pics of your pride and joy firearms here.
By nvisn

I started off with a bunch of Mossberg 500 parts: brand new Hogue Overmold Stock & Foregrip, Bolt assembly and and Action slide assembly.

After selling my Mossberg 500 to PaiN (surprise) I found myself in need of a home defense gun. Without wanting to spend $330 on a new 500 and unable to find a used one I did the logical thing - I bought the poor mans 500 - the Maverick 88. As somone that keeps a loaded tube and empty chamber I could care less about the safety. What did bother me was the cheap furniture. The pump system on the 88 is cheap and plasticy so I upgraded it all to Mossberg 500 spec along with the bolt (which I believe was identical)

Waddaya Think?
By myglimk2
Looks good! Cant wait to shoot it. :D
By PaiN
Bring it Sunday :D
By nvisn
But of course.
By GreggAndrews
Looks good!

Actually, this is a dumb question but I have to ask it. I've considered buying a Maverick as a cheap beater, and that they're Mossberg clones (with SOME differences). Made in Mexico, as well.

Looks like a pretty good shotgun though. If they live up to snuff, I might buy one. :D
By myglimk2
What was your question? :lol:
By GreggAndrews
Whoops, after taking a hunk of maple to the head today I must've perpetually screwed up my train of thought. :lol:

What's the functional differences on these, vs. the 500? I've heard they're slightly different... but for the price, I'd take a gamble. :D
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!