Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Build a new rifle? Buy a new hand gun? Post pics of your pride and joy firearms here.
By PaiN
Beretta PX4 / CX4 in .40S&W

By CTSixshot
Looks good, even if all black...
Are you going to still own these by month's end?
Yuck, yuck...
By PaiN
CTSixshot wrote: Are you going to still own these by month's end?
Yuck, yuck...
Now that all depends on nvisn................
By nvisn
0 interest in the hardware no offense, the software on the other hand....
By PaiN
nvisn wrote:0 interest in the hardware no offense, the software on the other hand....
I wasn't going to sell it anyway :wink:

As for software.....don't you want that 6 AR mag molle pack I have?
http://www.ctshooting.com/modules.php?n ... pic&t=5005

Great, I'll bring it tomorrow
Last edited by PaiN on Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By nvisn
I hope our weather holds up.
By newguy
How the PX4 shoot any issues with rotary system
By PaiN
newguy wrote:How the PX4 shoot any issues with rotary system
I plan to run it tomorrow.... lots :)
By newguy
Cool I been thinking about getting one just rotary system makes me nervous about jams
By PaiN
newguy wrote:Cool I been thinking about getting one just rotary system makes me nervous about jams
I've honestly never heard or read one word about the PX4 jamming. They are incredibly reliable.
By newguy
Well let us all know how it works out i may upgrade to 9mm version and get rid of my P95 Ruger if it any good
By punisher
Very nice setup
Especially being able to go from pistola to rifle.
I was thinking of doing the same thing but with a sub 2000.
Very nice!
By PaiN
punisher wrote:Very nice setup
Especially being able to go from pistola to rifle.
I was thinking of doing the same thing but with a sub 2000.
Very nice!
I gave a Glock/Kel-Tec system serious consideration when I decided I wanted a PCC system.....It would have been less expensive but as much as I love Glocks I could never warm up too the SUB-2000, there is just nothing I like about them.
That said, I love the CX4 Storm and after shooting it I know I made the right choice there...Its sporting the new Sierra Pappa enhanced guild rod(a huge improvement over stock) now and I have have two more 17round mags on the way for it(which also cross between the CX and PX).
Today I'm taking the PX4 out for it's trial run...I've not shot one only handled them(lots ;) ) Too me the PX4 has an awesome feel in hand(w/ the lrg. backstrap) ..I only hope it is truly reliable and I don't have "accuracy" problems with it. About the only PX4 negative I've read is that some shooters wrote its not accurate for them....I'm keeping my fingers crossed because I have shot a few pistols that felt good in hand but I, for whatever reason, could not get "on paper". :?
By PaiN
So guess what..? The PX4 Storm is a wonderful shooter :D
I put 200 rounds through this afternoon Speer Lawman, WWB, Fed. HST JHP 180g and Nutmeg 165g all ran great. No problems with accuracy either, it hits where pointed.
We have to talk about the Storm's recoil. This pistol does not recoil like a typical polymer .40S&W. I've heard it described different ways especially as "like a 9mm", but too me the recoil is a pulse that rolls like a hefty .45auto but with less flip. Very quick back on target and comfortable.
Last edited by PaiN on Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
By RafMan
Glad to hear it shoots better for you than my PX4 SC did. I seemed like you were a bit worried after you shot it :)
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!