Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Build a new rifle? Buy a new hand gun? Post pics of your pride and joy firearms here.
By PaiN
GreggAndrews wrote:HA! My Hi-Point uses what looks like a common, hardware grade .25'' bolt for a guide rod!!!

Actually... most of the internals look like they could've been from a hardware store... :P
I had a Hi-Point 995 once...It was alright but had feeding problems(which HP did fix btw).....I remember taking it apart, inside that gun it looked like big metal blocks with vomit all over them. :?
By GreggAndrews
To be completely honest, for a $250, semi-auto pistol caliber carbine... I can't complain. I haven't had a problem with it (knock on wood), and it's been just a handy little rifle to have around(currently, I have a Pro-Mag 15rnd. stick I managed to get to work). In fact, I ran that magazine up at the Rockville Zombie shoot, and it was ran totally fine (snakeeater & myglimk2 were there).

If anyone is willing to hook me up with a suomi drum for a couple of bucks, I've always wanted to TIG weld it to the base of the magazine, true it flush, & see if it'll run...

Hey, 75rnd. magazines? And there's a guy on Hi-Point.com who got a couple to work GREAT!

(I agree, they are kind of chintzy though... THEY COULD'VE USED A GOOD ALUMINUM!!! Zamak III isn't my first choice, but hey what can you do?) :D
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!