Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Competitive Bullseye Shooting, match information, instructor notes and suggestions.
By hayes1966
Frank,

Every year there is a summer league at Blue Trails that I threathen to go to once the Met League finishes up but never actually went to a match. Since this is out doors any pointers for this? Does the weather make a big difference?

John
By JohnB
i can lend you my lucky wellingtons if thats troubling you ;)
By Franksav
The league you are talking about is the Twilite league on Tuesday evenings at 6:30. It usually starts the week before Memorial Day. The course of fire is a 900 with slow fire fired at 50 yards and timed and rapid at 25 yards. If you are used to shooting 50 feet don't let the distances scare you, the targets are bigger. Most .22's that shoot good do ok at 50 yds and they usually don't need any sight adjustments from 50 ft. Most people also shoot higher scores outdoors.
By JohnB
ahh..so THATS what that huge nra slow fire target hoffmans sells is for..i thought it was to tease people who shot badly with :)
By djmiked
There is also a Wednesday morning outdoor summer shoot at Bell City for those retired folks or for people who don't work first shift. For more info contact Duane our Pistol Director. I see that she just registered as a user!

Mike
By Franksav
Duane should post the info here. I work 2nd shift and may be able to shoot the league this year.

Frank
By djmiked
I'll get her to post the schedule for the summer shoots.

Mike
By Butch
I have seen some preliminary info on the Monday eve. league. Looks like we're starting on May 8th
By JohnB
welcome butch, i was at torrington on tuesday night shooting with eddy glover, nice club :)
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!