Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Class III Shooting
By bizkitjmd1
So how unwise would it be to shoot .22LR from a silencer designed for .223/5.56?
By ChrisNCT
You can do it but keep in mind...... .22 is really dirty and fill up rim fire cans after couple thousand rounds are fired. You can clean most of them if you can take them apart.

After seeing how much junk is produced from firing .22 rounds, you may choose not to.

You just have to make sure if you are shooting a .22 conversion out of an AR, that the round is stabilized pretty god. You don't want to hit any baffles or end cap. The barrels that are .223/5.56 can stabilize decently but you may opt for dedicated .22 upper if going that route as dedicated .22 barrels have the proper more diameter and twist rate.

Most of the debris that would be inside the center fire can would probably blow out or vaporize after few .223/5.56 rounds were fired.

So in short, yes you can but look at your options.
By AgentP

My baffles from my AAC pilot. 22lr is very dirty. this was about 5000 rounds or so (probably more). My pilot was not meant to be taken apart, but I had it jailbroken, it was almost to the point of being retired. Now, its as good as new!

So, yes you can, but not really the best idea.
By bizkitjmd1
My plan is to get the AAC M4-2000 . I will put the quick detach flash hider on my pre ban and the quick detach muzzle break on my M&P15-22 and switch the can between the two.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!