Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Class III Shooting
By nvisn
So CT's AWB is clearly not going anywhere. I would really like a full on AR "pistol" with a shroud and the whole 9 yards. What is to stop me from building an AR "pistol" with a v-grip and NFA registering it as an AOW. That would make the build not a pistol or a rifle in the eyes of the law. Perfect loophole? Thoughts?
By brian83
Ok, first off, what's a v-grip?

I think AOW exists on their books just to describe unique things that aren't clearly a pistol. shotgun, or rifle, like cane-guns or pistols converted to shoot shotgun shells. For example, you can't just walk around with an AR 15 with no buttstock, overall length and everything. I don't think you can apply for an aow if your build is clearly an AR pistol, can you? I'd be interested to know, you can always call them and ask.

That being said, between the laws of '68 and '86, I'm almost positive that you can't:
1. Buy/own/receive etc any automatic weapon made AFTER 1986
2. Manufacture an automatic weapon
3. Own the parts to make a weapon automatic

So I'm thinking even if they let you call it an aow, it would be illegal to make it.

And in CT it has to be auto only, not select fire, and under a certain weight if it is a pistol.
And you have to pay taxes to have shitty roads and support welfare people and be a good quiet person that doesn't own guns but plays the lottery. Such a nightmare for "fun guns" in this state.
Anyway, there's probably a reason why you've never seen a full auto AR pistol in CT and I unfortunately don't think that will be changing soon.
By nvisn
A v grip is a vertical grip. Once you put a forward grip a pistol becomes an AOW not a pistol. I am only looking to do a semi build. Not full auto.
By brian83
Ah, I guess I assumed rock and roll when I read "full on AR"
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!