Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Class III Shooting
By ChrisNCT
I will be in the market for a Walther P22 in the near future. What do I look for when buying one so that I can suppress it just like yours? Also, was that a YHM .22 can?
By djmiked
I would get one that has a threaded barrel from the factory if you are looking to suppress it.
By ChrisNCT
I am looking all over gunbroker and I see them in black, green and black with 2 barrel choices. I don't see any threaded barrels..only adaptors.
By Malaga2
All P22 come threaded from the factory. You will still need an adaptor to get the suppressor attached (adaptors can be had for $30-$40)...
If you come accross a cheap ruger they are easy and relativley cheap to suppress as ar Browning Buckmarks .. just some more options...
Yes the can was a YHM Mite. There are quieter cans our there but for the $$ the Mite is ok...
By Jason
Sorry for the thread hijack...

I've always assumed you needed a special permit to use suppressors on any firearm in CT. Is this the case?
By djmiked
Jason wrote:Sorry for the thread hijack...

I've always assumed you needed a special permit to use suppressors on any firearm in CT. Is this the case?
No special permit required. You need a one time tax stamp payment of $200 for each purchase.
By Mike-Sid
When Malaga2 got his Mite it was one of the better take apart .22 suppressors. Since that time at least 2 other silencers which seem better hit the market. Silencerco came out with the Sparrow, which I think is quieter. I have not tried AAC's Ellement which also comes apart, and they say it is even quieter!
I really need to get the Ellement to compare...and I just want one! That is my next .22 suppressor.
By Malaga2
Mike... I would like to check out the Element too...let me know when you get your hands on one...
By Mike-Sid
The Ellement looks super cool and I think Silencer Research rates them better than any other .22 suppressor other than AAC's Aviator!
By Malaga2
Mike .. where did the Sparrow come in Johns tests?.. specifically in relation to the Outback...
By Mike-Sid
Malaga2 wrote:Mike .. where did the Sparrow come in Johns tests?.. specifically in relation to the Outback...
I'll quote 2 of the tests. one is with the Walther P22, which I feel does not suppress as well as the Ruger MKII. I find that the P22 for some reason is loud, probably noise from the ejection port.
The other is the 10/22.

With the Walther P22 (unsuppressed round 156.7) AAC Element 115.9 db , Silencerco Sparrow 121.7 db , Outback II 121.9 db, YHM al mite 124.6 db, and YHM stainless Mite 130 db

With the 10/22 (unsuppressed round 140.5) Outback II 114.5 db, silencerco Sparrow 116.7 db, AAC Element 118.5 db, YHM stainless mite 121, and YHM al mite 122.3
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!