Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Class III Shooting
By djmiked
The next Class III subgun match at Metacon will be held on Saturday Sept 22, 2007. Start time is 10:00AM. Shooter briefing will be around 9:45AM. You must have taken Metacon's Class III check-out to particpate in the match. You do not have to be a member to take the checkout and shoot.
By Mike-Sid
djmiked wrote:The next Class III subgun match at Metacon will be held on Saturday Sept 22, 2007. Start time is 10:00AM. Shooter briefing will be around 9:45AM. You must have taken Metacon's Class III check-out to particpate in the match. You do not have to be a member to take the checkout and shoot.

What does the "check-out" consist of? Can it be done the day of the match?
By djmiked
The Class III director holds them every once in a while when he has people that are interested in shooting. We usually recommend people come and watch a match first so they understand what we do and what is expected of them.

He does hold some of them on the day of the match but it is usually after the match as there isn't enough time to do so before the morning start of the match. In the morning we are on the range trying to set up so we don't have the time or the room to do it then.

If you are interested, either send me a private message or leave your email address.
By djmiked
I forgot to add that the "check-out" consists of you learning our range rules as they apply to Class III guns and to make sure you are safe handling a firearm. We make sure you understand burst displacement at different distances and also shoot placement. Obviously sending several rounds down range is a bit different then sending one round at a time down range. Safety is the most important aspect of the check-out.
By djmiked
This was probably one of the best courses of fire that we have had in a long time. I want to thank the C3 director for an outstanding job and all of those people that attended the match!
By JohnB
is there any videos online of these matches ?
By djmiked
Funny you should mention that. Our C3 director shot the match with a video-cam on a hard hat. This was his first time experimenting with it and I am not sure how the video came out. I will have to find out about it.
By JohnB
that'd be cool to see, machinegun cam !
By djmiked
This Sunday October 21, 2007 is our next subgun match. This match is a bowling pin match and will start at 11:00 am. It is a double elimination type match (you get to lose twice before you are done). All shooters will first shoot for time and paired accordingly. Then it will be man on man (yes politically incorrect since there will be at least one woman shooting).

This will be our last outdoor match of 2007 and we will move indoors for the winter.

Hope to see you there!
By JohnB
how about... shooter on shooter :P
By djmiked
There ya go! It was too early for me when I first wrote that, I didn't have my coffee yet! :mrgreen:
By djmiked
Usually we have a variety of subguns at this event. MAC-10's in .45, M-11 9mm, MP-5 in 9mm and .40 S&W, HK UMP .45, M16-9mm, S&W 76, Thompson .45, Reising .45, Uzi 9mm to name a few. You not only have to knock the pins down, you have to hit them off the table. The .45's pretty much rule in this event because they "throw" the pins off the table. There is also a stop plate set up so that if the match is close, you can tell who won because we set the stop plates up side by side.

This is our most popular subgun event and we usually run this match as the first outdoor match of the season in the spring and the last outdoor match of the fall.
By djmiked
Great match and thank you to all those that attended and even the few guests we had that came to watch and help set-up the pins.

We should be holding a Class III checkout sometime next month for those of you who wish to shoot in the matches. Contact the Class III director at Metacon. His email address is listed on their website. www.metacongunclub.com
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!