Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Action Shooting
By BadAim
That sounds like fun. Does anyone know Mass requirements for bringing a pistol in for one of these shoots? Or do I have to get off my duff and get a Mass permit finally?
By CTSixshot
BadAim:

I can't direct you to section and paragraph, so I'd suggest you contact the folks at downzero or S&W IDPA Club and see what insights they can offer as to the exact lawful requirements.

I could guess that a pistol (unloaded, cased and in the trunk seperate from ammo) and an event circular that shows you are intending to participate in a MA shoot is sufficient, but I'd hate to offer mere speculations to you.
By PaiN
CTSixshot wrote:
I could guess that a pistol (unloaded, cased and in the trunk seperate from ammo)
maybe not the brightest of things I do...but I occasionally take my guns up to the S&W range or a MA event....I transport as CTSix mentioned.
Anything I take is buried in my truck's stow trunk, it could never be happened upon by "accident", I have no intention of committing crime in MA and will not touch the weapons(or even go near the trunk) until I'm on the private property of S&W or the event.
I feel the chance of a "legal" issue ever happening is ~0.
By CTSixshot
Yes, you hear all sorts of stories and ideas.
You'd think handguns are forbidden in Canada, but I used to shoot in Vermont at a PPC match with DFW (game wardens) personnel , cops, civillians and Canadians and they made it to the event every year. And I don't think the Canadians left their weapons in a locker on the Vermont side of the border.

Speaking of Vermont....

...do you realize you can travel to Michigan from Connecticut and only have to pass through one other state?
By PaiN
CTSixshot wrote:
...do you realize you can travel to Michigan from Connecticut and only have to pass through one other state?

Sounds like a sweet motorcycle cruise too me 8) .....that is if I was still into motorcycles.
By CTSixshot
Same here...got rid of my old CX500 when someone asked if I'd sell it....

I did do a Great Lakes trip though, crossing New York into Michigan via Ontario and across the Mackinac Bridge into the UP...
http://www.mightymac.org/
By PaiN
I CAN NOT talk about this....................

:roll:
By CTSixshot
Rog!
I'll stop...it's not really on topic for this thread anyways....VIOLATION!
By Geeko
Having checked with my lawyer and review of Mass law, so long as you are going to a public advertised match open to the public, you can bring your pistol into Mass, as long it is unloaded, locked in a case, no mags are loaded, and the ammo is separate from the pistol is not in the same locked case as the pistol.

Here is a good link for a good read http://www.rodgun-nb.org/ap/legal.htm
By CTSixshot
Appreciate that, Geeko. This looks a bit more authoritative than simple heresay. Thanks!
By djmiked
What about bringing hi-cap mags into MA? I do know they have separate licenses in MA for hi-cap guns/mags. Just a thought.
By Geeko
For out of staters, high caps ok to bring for the matches. If you live in Mass, then the limitations apply.
By BadAim
Thanks for the replies guys, I thought as much on transport thing, but just wanted to make sure. I might just hit that one, if I can get away for long enough.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!