Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Action Shooting
By newguy
Make sure you put a list of the ammo you tried and has issues with in the box when you send it back. That what he did and they sent a note back with a list of the ammo they tested it with.
By jtf650
SR9 wrote:Unfortunately, my club is mandating LRN ammo for plate shooting so I am stuck with standard velocity CCI which I have a bunch of.

I would just use my current bulls eye gun but they will penalize 1 plate for a red dot. Not to mention that I want the practice using open sites.
Is the club mandating LRN or SV? There is plenty of HV available in LRN- Blazer, Fed 510 and Fed Automatch for starters. But if it's a bother to re-zero the red dot if you remove it for the plates, or you just want to get another gun, well, those are reasons enough. I've been happy with my Buckmark, and I would recommend it and HiViz or fiber optic sights on whatever you get.

I knew the MKIII was hard to reassemble, but I'm surprised to hear it is that finicky on ammo. I've thought about picking one up if the right deal came along, but I'll think twice now. Good luck with whatever you decide to do, and have fun with the plates.
By GixerJockey
CTSixshot wrote:
GixerJockey wrote:Matabasset does a 22 two-gun style match on the first Saturday of each month. 22 rifle plates... put the gun down and move to the 22 pistol plates. Tons of fun!
Check that...it's 22s on the 4th Saturday, if I recall and per their website:
http://mattabassett.com/events.htm
You're right. They do centerfire on one Saturday and 22 on another. I always get them mixed up.
By SR9
jtf650 wrote:
SR9 wrote:Unfortunately, my club is mandating LRN ammo for plate shooting so I am stuck with standard velocity CCI which I have a bunch of.

I would just use my current bulls eye gun but they will penalize 1 plate for a red dot. Not to mention that I want the practice using open sites.
Is the club mandating LRN or SV? There is plenty of HV available in LRN- Blazer, Fed 510 and Fed Automatch for starters. But if it's a bother to re-zero the red dot if you remove it for the plates, or you just want to get another gun, well, those are reasons enough. I've been happy with my Buckmark, and I would recommend it and HiViz or fiber optic sights on whatever you get.

I knew the MKIII was hard to reassemble, but I'm surprised to hear it is that finicky on ammo. I've thought about picking one up if the right deal came along, but I'll think twice now. Good luck with whatever you decide to do, and have fun with the plates.
At the meeting last Friday we were told that LRN was going to be required. Some members/club officers are concerned about ricochet thus the lead only ammo.

I would not recommend the MKIII. I am considering getting rid of the LCI and the mag safety since many on RFC and Ruger forums have had success with that. If I find another MKII I will sell the MKIII.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!