Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Action Shooting
It seems that the HRG website schedule had the incorrect date for their Action Pistol Match for July. The website originally showed it to be on Wednesday 7/20/11, but after some clarification emails, the match will actually be held on Sunday 7/10/11.

It will be centerfire pistol only with three (3) stages. Registration will be at 9am and shooting starts at 9:30am. I was informed that 50 rounds of ammo should be more than enough for the match.

Here is the general info about HRG matches from their site:

Rules and Information for Matches:

All matches held on Sunday mornings
All participants must attend the mandatory safety briefing, safety check of equipment, and a walk-through of the course prior to each match (BE THERE ON TIME)
All shoots are open to H.R.G. members and the general public
Eye and ear protection is mandatory
NRA range safety officers will be present on the range
We only allow basic stock firearms with iron sites - 9mm is the minimum caliber (NO RACE GUNS OR SCOPE PISTOLS)

Equipment needed:

50 rounds of ammunition
Belt
Holster
Extra clips and/or speed loaders (with pouch)

Your firearm must remain in your holster until you are called to the line. Range officers will provide all instructions.

Event Fees:

Events without side events: $10.00
Events with side events: $15.00

SHOOTS WILL BE CANCELED DUE TO RAIN

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact Mike Fusco at [email protected] or at 860-496-0820.
By randolf
it looks like i will be on that match.
By GreggAndrews
If anyone would be willing to allow me to borrow a pistol for the event, I'd be happy to compensate in ammunition. :D
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!