Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Action Shooting
By Goodshot
Someone recommended New Departure to me last night. Do you know anything about it and how I would apply? Do they allow shooting a 243 rifle? I am in Wallingford about 5 minutes from there.
By CTSixshot
I was there this past weekend, as a guest, and we shot .30 caliber rifle, so I'd think .243 Win is no problem. 100 yard range for rifle, paper targets only, I believe is the policy.

The fella that brought me is friends with "randolf" on this forum. He is a member there, I was told.
By hayes1966
New Departure doesn't allow guests I am surprised no one asked you to show a badge.

Dues were $75 last year. You will have to wait till January to join now.
By Goodshot
How do I sign up come January? My son and I would like to find a local place to shoot. Why the wait till January? I am a member of the NRA and my son and I just passed the hunting safety course.
By hayes1966
They only process the membership applications at the start of the year.
By joelcramer
Hey Goodshot

New Departure is ok if all you want to do is shoot all by your self because normally you can't bring guests.

You should check out the Raccoon club on Rt 17 in Durham.
I also live in Wallingford and am a member there. It is less than 10 min to the club.

Check out the club web site and come visit us.
There is a turkey shoot on Nov. 8 come try your luck!
http://nhraccoonclub.org/

if you have any questions contact me direct I don't often check the board for pms

[email protected]
By hayes1966
joelcramer wrote: I don't often check the board for pms

[email protected]
Joel .. That does not sound right !!!
By joelcramer
hayes1966 wrote:
joelcramer wrote: I don't often check the board for pms

[email protected]
Joel .. That does not sound right !!!

OOPS...Now that you point it out...Yuck!
By fprintf
As a Christmas present, my wife just bought me a years membership at New Departure. She sent in the application in mail today (apparently), so hopefully we'll be first in line.

They definitely don't allow guests, it is written all over the application that no guests are permitted, and only members, spouses and sons/daughters of members are allowed to shoot at the range. I have lots of family that wants to learn to shoot, I will be bringing them to Blue Trail (warm weather) or Wolf's (cold weather) instead.

Can't wait, I drive by the place all the time (my in-laws live off Cook Hill).
By resinator
You are right about New Departure NOT allowing any quest to go to the range and shoot at the club with a member. Any member using the range must be wearing a issued badge while there. That member willl loose his privaliges for good. It has to do with the club insurance program. You MUST be a member of the NRA to join, and show proof.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!